Purpose and Objectives
Purposes. The purposes of the Pennsylvania Prescribed Fire Council are exclusively for charitable purposes as set forth in the Articles of Incorporation. In pursuing such purposes, the Pennsylvania Prescribed Fire Council shall not act so as to impair its eligibility for the exemption under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
Objectives. The Pennsylvania Prescribed Fire Council assembles natural resource managers and others interested in prescribed fire into an organization to:
- Provide a framework for communications in relation to prescribed fire objectives, techniques and issues.
- Review prescribed fire practices, regulations and policy, advising at the national, state and local level, as they relate to prescribed fire in Pennsylvania.
- Disseminate technical information on planning, execution and evaluation of prescribed fire.
- Promote the development and utilization of prescribed fire practices commensurate with desirable environmental resource management.
- Promote public understanding of the benefits of prescribed fire.
- Coordinate with federal and state air quality regulators to limit the negative effects of smoke from prescribed fire.
- Promote safety, training, and research in the art and science of prescribed fire